Rofl.
Invictus is now level 48. And it was getting kinda tiring to keep pushing at such a high quality-sort of speed. I was all-itchy and scratching to go play a lowbie alt. So now I'm test-running some defenders, and decided to try Papa Umbra, my dark/dark darkity. :)
I started putting together a pretty random team. I picked up this cute little level 1 kin/psy def, because he was hovering around me, killing stuff in galaxy city. Then from there, I got carried away and started sending myriad tells to who? Level 5s, all of whom seemed to be defs and controllers, who didn't have a team already.
So we ended up with this rad, dark, ff, sonic mix and so on. I was hoping that they would be impressed with the power of multiple defenders, but apparently, Freedom's residents are not quite used to it - or just not tolerant of chaos or pushing things. :P
The level 1 dropped off after a while, so I started recruiting 4-6s... We picked up a pb who was damn happy at the def buffed team, though he was pretty gosh-darned full of himself, level 50 and all, y'know. :) But I thought he was funny.
Our grav/rad controller Ka'on was, alas, a little uptight. :) He kept going on and on about his anchor and taking it as a personal affront that it was getting shot to pieces. Of course it didn't help that he was stupid enough (ok, kinder word, inexperienced) to put the anchor as the "first" mob to target. So the pb shot his anchor to hell. The scrapper tore his anchor to bits. And *blush* the blind tank turned dark def also ripped his anchor apart multiple times.
I'm betting there's going to be this bitchy rant on the defender forums soon, about the pathetic dark defender who can't even be bothered to respect a rad def's anchor and keeps shooting it to bits. :P
I did feel bad, and I kept apologizing, but he kept getting soooo uptight about it. It was really funny. So I have hair-trigger reflexes, and when you only have one blast, you kinda stamp on it first, THEN just hit 'next target'. So how come my next target was always his damn anchor? :P
I dunno. I'm an anchorman too, now, y'know. And when I pick a darknest night anchor, I hit 'next target' MULTIPLE times, and I cycle through to nearly the last damn person at the back. And I tend to dump it on a minion even.
Strangely enough, my dark anchor lasts (as judged by my toggle still running), even though you can't fragging tell it apart from all the dark patches on a tar patch'ed spawn's feets anyhow.
Moral of the story? It takes two to make a quarrel. I understand the anchor thing. But really, sometimes (ok, a LOT of times) in the heat of battle, people tend not to even think and just react, so it also behooves a defender to try and sneakily put his anchor on the last person the crazy drooling pickup hordes will think to target. It's like a fun mini-game. And don't take it like you just got kicked in the 'nads if your precious anchor falls off before the last mob drops. :/
I had like this stream of loose people quitting through our missions, I think they were having a heart attack from the chaos. :P I was tar patching, then darknest nighting as an opener, and the pb was in nova form letting loose with his knockback, the emp was running around aura'ing, and so on. I guess they might have prefered a more 'sedate' single-pull.
S' too bad we never got a stormie, that might have been even more hilarious, if not quite safe. I had to gently 'oi, not off the tar patch please' a kin controller who was playing with repel. It actually looked quite interesting, the mobs literally yo-yo'ed off him and into the wall. Unfortunately he chose to do it on my neatly double-debuffed mobs and thus we lost both debuffs. :P
But did I mind? Not really. These are the low-level stages. People are still experimenting and feeling out their powers. Chaos is inherent. Especially in a pickup team.
And we had a noobie on board. Another def, kin/psy, who was, as usual, being a blaster and consistently opened the attack if I didn't beat him first. :) We had to teach him to exit with the blue button, where hollows was, the works. But well, part of the fun of the game.
I must say though...Mission Accomplished.
From being level 3, I hit level 7 or 8 in about two hours, I think. I doubt the Uptights who need their teams just right or else they'll solo...can do the same. :P
And more importantly, I got relaxed. :) It was a wild and crazy blast. I missed this sort of easy-going fun, with stuff shooting everywhere and xp out the wazoo and people leveling left and right with a small mission - rather than having to urgh, herd the whole map for a pittance. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment