Thursday, April 13, 2006

KoL: Patience

Grr, being patient is so hard.

I just defeated the Naughty Sorceress today. 22 days, an improvement over the 37 day first run. It's sooo tempting to take the leap into ascension again, but...

...I know I will regret it the moment my 80 turns run out and I get stuck in ronin again.

This time, I am determined that I'm going to enter ascension armed with a cupboardful of appropriate statted burritos/pizzas, on a stat day. So that I can leapfrog the early levels, which are pretty frustratingly boring.

This is, however, easier planned than done.

I was trying to decide between a disco bandit or a pastamancer for my next ascension, but seeing as moxie days are today and tomorrow and a myst day is about 4 days away, I had better be sensible and go for the mysticality one.

That means enchanted bean burritos till I explode with bean gas. The flat dough is no problem, a couple of adventures at the icy peak and I'll be able to buy as much dough as I want. Let's say 30 to be safe. 1500 meat means about 8 adventures at the peak.

Enchanted beans means investing adventures killing the bean bats, with my gravy fairy attached to my hip. Probably another 30 adventures or so, for 30 beans.

(The above should take a day.)

Unfortunately, I am spoiled and insanely spicy bean burritos kick ass. Which means I better spend a day fishing crap out of the sewer. If I spend 10 adventures at the peak harvesting meat, I can afford about 60 chewing gum strings - more than enough to exceed my daily 55 adventures (not inclusive of food additions.)

(That should take another day.)

Armed with a heap of worthless trinkets, I can then spend another day fishing spices out and then trading the lot off for jalapeno peppers.

And this is if the hermit is being friendly and has a clover day handy...

Bleh. So much planning. And I actually want to find some shirts this ascension since I bought torso awaregness as a skill.

I'm tempted to just forget the whole thing, jump into another incarnation and let the disco bandit do the 'collect immense amounts of crap' thing to prepare for the next pastamancery incarnation. Since Moxie is my prime stat, I should be able to level relatively fast, if I use a crossbow. Then I can make and drink booze too.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments: