Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Cien Anos de Soledad

Humans --- an essentially hopeless bunch.

As a conclusion to my little experiment, I changed the search comments on my AR/traps corrupter to "Term contracts negotiable" last night.

Did a mission, started towards the next. Ninja invite. Joined a team of three masterminds, which meant I didn't have to use my secondary at all. Acid mortar came up whenever it recharged to up the total damage, but any other damage dealer (brute, corrupter, stalker) could have fufilled the purpose of bumping up spawn sizes and adding damage. The question in my mind was if I was invited because they just decided to grab anyone in their range, or were they under some delusion that a corrupter could provide some kind of buffing they didn't need in the first place?

This morning, logged on, started towards my mission. Another invite came. Joined a team doing the PTS arc fighting Shivans. This time I had to work my secondary more, but basically I just spammed flamethrower on Shivans flopping on the ice slick (fun!). Shivans were also vulnerable to lethal damage, so it was fun shooting them to pieces. Again, the question was, were they just looking for someone their range, or were they hoping for some kind of buffing (healing)?

It feels like such a strange coincidence, that I have been soloing missions at the same time day after day, but the moment I removed AR/traps from my search comment, I get team invites almost immediately after I log in. Ironically, now that I actually have a nice AoE power (flamethrower), it's not in my comments. But I still got invites!

History repeats itself, the game and the people who play it do not change. Time to make an thugs/dark MM or an ice/rad corrupter!

No comments: