Heh. I might wait to play CoX until the new change rolls out onto Live. They finally are starting to tweak the balance of power. The new FOTM controllers are weeping, but probably the old school are relieved.
I found it ironic that the same people weeping and wailing over this are the identical people weeping and wailing over dominators being weak and so on and so forth. Just goes to show they are natural weepers and wailers, I guess.
Frankly, I think it's about time. Everyone knows the outlier sets that needed cutting back.
Even my pretty fire imps on the dom-side. Were insane, you know?
I don't think the fire imp nerf is as bad as people make it out to be. I suppose I can go and log on Test and see. A reduction in one level just means their accuracy drops a bit and their damage a little too. So? That's what slotting is for. And the Invention system that will probably come out to help this.
After all, I'm almost positive that I'm not just supposed to flashfire and run through the (relentless) mob and then have my impies go WHEE WHEE gnawgnawgnaw and then all three mobs collapsing in a couple seconds.
I think their function should be to tie up mobs and -contribute- to my damage. Not make me totally uninclined to try and close in for melee damage since I am just falling over the imps and the mob fell over before I could incinerate anyway...
So, GOOD. Much needed balancing changes.
1 comment:
"my impies go WHEE WHEE gnawgnawgnaw"
Hahaha...yeah...
I've played with a fire/kin recently. I jump in, fire off energy absorption, next thing I know everything was dead. This was a 5 man invincible mission....
So yeah. Even illusion(/kin) was hit by I5 (no immobs, no mass containment, flash takes forever to recharge). Fire(/kin) went on happily with fire cages, flashfire, and huge amounts of containment.
Post a Comment