Thursday, April 26, 2007

LOTRO - The Secret Room of Cats


19Apr07 - The Secret Room of Cats 1, originally uploaded by Khelf.

Just testing, really. Have set up a Flickr account, and I plan to create a new blog for LOTRO.

The ultimate hope is that I'll have a nice record of my time in LOTRO when it comes time for me to leave. Something better than RoD's unkempt copy of umpteen unsorted text logs anyhow.

Whether I'll get bored and choose to abandon it once Conan comes out, or stay on until they finish all the books up to the point Frodo shoves in the Ring into the fires of Mount Doom...well, we'll see. Depends on both games, really. And how CoX performs in the future too.

I really like LOTRO for the way it rewards solo exploration currently. I am a mapper/explorer at heart and I can putter around to my heart's content doing this kind of stuff. So a photo atlas cum diary of my various characters' journeys across the lands of Middle-Earth sound like a perfect way to enhance my game.

Cos I sure wouldn't want to get caught up in any mad leveling/questing/raid frenzies. (Which people are already doing. Chapter 11? Sheesh, I'm barely on Chapter 5 and I'm sidetreking all over the place.)

On the bright side, I have a lot more deeds and places marked on my map and I can direct people to things they are clueless about. Which kinda suits my chosen player role as random trivia collector fine. :)

I wouldn't wanna get wikipedia obsessive about noting down quests, though. I'll leave that to someone else. I just find the idea of an atlas / map of area names (including hidden ones) appealing. That and a visual record of the beautiful sights of the land.

4 comments:

Freefall said...

I was inclined to buy the game and play it for a few months because 2 of my sgmates were playing on the Elen- server. But oddly enough, when I tried to buy it from Amazon, Amazon refused to ship it to Singapore.

Eh, screw it, if they don't want my money, I can put it in the "get new motherboard / soundcard" fund.

Of course, another factor is that Ed seems to be hooked on CoH! I logged on this afternoon and found him doing a safeguard with some people. He told me he found it fun. So the next step is to somehow trick Marcus (Tinildur) into playing CoH too... :P

(Oh, at level 11 he has all the spines attacks and only resist physical damage! Teehee, I remember Guernica-the-scrapper though.)

Time to do a Positron TF! Do you think you can drag yourself away from LOTRO for a while and do a 3 person Positron? And give us some free influence. :P

Juli said...

That's weird. Amazon shipped mine fine. I was actually impressed when they listed it as an acceptable country to ship to because previous games (think CoV) didn't allow it, and I bitched to them (in a nice way) in a feedback email.

Course, I did get the special edition though. :/ It would be very odd if they had different countries for the two versions of the game, and worth some feedback, imo.

Bah, just get Ed hooked and then he'll sell it to Marcus. :P

He sounded a bit less positive when I was on RoD last night, but hey, maybe it takes a few plays. :) I did tell him the scrapper was the easiest and if he wanted a real challenge, to try a dominator villainside.

You know you can get a free month if he subscribes if you send him some trial code, yah? :)

Lol, Positron. Are you sure that is a positive experience? :P I can probably make it this Saturday (aka Friday night est), or if you want earlier Friday night (aka his Thurs morning, dunno if he's free).

I could bring the ill/rad to cover a support role and let the scrapper star. :P

Juli said...

I believe I've located your Amazon.com problem. The current pricing is offered by Target (43.99), and probably can only be shipped within the States.

If you click the button on the sidebar that says "Buy it from Amazon.com at 49.99," it should put it through, with shipping at $8.47.

Just for your consideration, if you want to spend that amount...

Freefall said...

Hmmmm. I think I'm too poor right now :P -- the more time I spend playing, the less time I spend writing the assessment book and the slower I get paid.

What did Ed say about CoH? He did tell me he thought he didn't like it that you couldn't show enemy hitbars and people were free to hit whatever they wanted.