Sunday, March 28, 2010

Words of Wisdom from Telanoc, ATITD dev

Unedited for now:

Pameow: make the goal = the time committment
Daniels: Robkin is pretty hardcorel ol
Telanoc: Wait, people spend less than 18 hours a day here?!? :)
Pameow: hehe
Robkin: my time here will slow down some
Daniels: nothing wrong with that
Robkin: but I still will have a good amount of playtime
Telanoc: You want to know the three secrets to ATITD Rob?
Daniels: on t4a, I was a power player... but I had friends who played slower, but passed twice as many tests as me
Robkin: I have watch your youtubes on making steel
Tamutnefret: Tale 3 was about the only one I cared about tests in :)
Robkin: Have fun, do what you what and have fun
Daniels: Oh.. help it helps when we get alloys :)
Tamutnefret: Allllloyyyyys
Telanoc: 1) Invest in infrastructure. Even if you aren't going to use it all the time, it will in the long run.
Tamutnefret: Alloys are the new silver!
Telanoc: 2) Don't be a dick. People will help you a lot, unless you are a dick
Daniels loves alloys.. and nods to tel
tehm: I want to find rainbow sprinkles in my food to tell me I'm close to a masterpiece
Tamutnefret: lol
Pameow: hehe
Panya: hahaha
Pameow reading Teanoc's points
Telanoc: 3) Don't be afraid to try. You might fail, but then you will know
Robkin: very true Telanoc
Pameow: almost agree, one thing, you can be a dick and do it solo!
Robkin: I have to say i 'm very happy with the group in RSRS
Daniels nods.. and don't get pissed at bugs ;P
Tamutnefret: Now now Pam, not this tale :)
Pameow: but a lot easier to do point 2
Tamutnefret: Some you squash the bug, sometimes the bug squashes you.
Robkin: speaking of bug I need to put another cage out and get another cage
tehm: lol
Pameow: can you add point )4) tel, make goal commensurate with amount of playtime and committment, and be prepared to change goal if needs be
Telanoc: That is true Pam
Telanoc: And I keep telling you, you were never a dick in T3 :P
Robkin: i was fennec trap checking and found 3 cages within 20 cords of each other
Robkin: got to love people yo udrop cages in fennec trap areas
Telanoc: So I once thought I found a great spot for a cage, nothing around forever in the run up, so I placed it. Only to crest the next hill right into someone's camp
Robkin: lol
Telanoc: Oh, and there really is a point 5) Don't compare yourself to anyone but yourself. You aren't going to be the best at everything. You can try, but don't sweat it if you aren't
Robkin: I figure that out
Pameow: I so love that one, condensed to compete against yourself
Robkin: too much to do to do everything
Robkin: everything I have passed , has been better easy cause I was earl to do it
Telanoc: Some tests work better if you do them later, some not
Pameow: these points would be great on the guild page Tel, can we put them up?
Telanoc: Sure Pam
Pameow: ok :)
Telanoc wonders if people still read the New Player Guide on the wiki

No comments: