Sometimes I feel guilty for feeling all superior and "GEP" labeled (as in genius-level smart - so said the Express stream people anyway - and geeky) to the point of being eccentrically subcultured as compared to ordinary Singaporeans.
This is definitely one of the times when I DON'T.
http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2011/07/ndp-fun-pack-song-lady-gaga-does-ndp.html
They've pulled the embarassment really quickly from Youtube, but even a tiny minute of a really distant snippet on Channelnewsasia is quite bad enough.
The real epic fail is reading the lyrics on Mr Brown's website though. (It's too horrible to reproduce on my own blog.) Whoever wrote the lyrics of this definitely came from the shallowest end (maybe the baby wading pool) of the Singapore gene pool.
I'm suddenly feeling very thankful for this year's roster assignment that has me coming back to work on National Day. That way, I can completely divest myself of any possible glimpse or association with this year's NDP.
I wonder if the moron(s) responsible have been fired yet, or at least given a tongue lashing and placed in a deep dark closet where they can harm no one. They better pray their precious celebrity has a sense of humor or she won't visit Singapore a third time after promising the country she's coming for a tour next year.
Me, I'm an ancient elephant that only knows how to appreciate the lady before Lady Gaga's time. No loss for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment