Saturday, December 10, 2005

Amusing Comparisons

I found it rather funny that when someone wants to do a test in the "Defender" forums, (JusticeZero), he got pretty much only one helpful reply - the rest just quashed him with negative statements. Nah, the test is gonna be flawed. No way you can test it out. Player skill makes the difference. Yadda yadda.

Doh. How negative?

Of course player skill makes a difference. So have the same player play, or people who are good at what they do play. Play to the best of your ability. Even the empath support healer could be someone who reaaaallly builds for the empath support style.

Stick to one mob type first, and run an initial test just varying the defender classes. Stick to a pentad team and come up with 4 other accompaniments. Or just duo or trio (take a tank out, take the controller out if necessary). Mob types can be varied later.

Dunno. Seems like the people replying don't like numbers, but just enjoy squashing others' hopes.

Least in the tanker forums, those that don't have anything useful to contribute, just post in other whinefest threads that are more interesting. :P




Oh, and I ran a mission with Raggy yesterday. It was a change, actually. I think the extended break did me much good. He's still ED-incompatible (so sad to see 5 slots in Hasten, 2 of which were brand new and unslotted), though I note with some amazement that 6 slotted stamina = 111%, I was under the impression 3 slotted was about 99%. I must go and check again.

But he seemed to perform rather well at heroic on a DE mission. Which I remember loathing.

Thorns and razorvines have an almost offensive resist to smash damage, but oh well, you can't have everything. His mallets did almost 80% knockdown though, which was quite an eye-opener. And jump kick amazingly had like a 95% knockup rate when it connected, say 80% of the time. I don't remember jump kick being that effective before.

Or maybe my viewpoint has just changed after playing a juggling Dominator, where knockback becomes a tool, and juggling = damage mitigation.

I'm seriously tempted to work him out with ED and go play him again.

No comments: