Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The PvP Defender

I'm not sure what made me sign up for the PvP League on test. I'm a newbie at PvP, really, and I'm not going to pretend to be anything else. But at Hobo_Healer's urging, we're going to field an all-defender team.

I'm not brave enough to field a dark defender though, so I'm sticking with the tried and true kinetics buffer. MrQuizzles is the tragically brave guy.

I guess after a while you get used to the buffbottage. Which leaves me with the project of getting to 50 (three more levels) and a respec (I'll miss you, AoEs). I'm just feeling it's a bad idea already. Call it competitive nature, but I suspect this is going to end up dragging me into hardcore PvP.

What was annoying me all Saturday was the amount of buffspamming I had to do, without doing anything else. The tragic part was, villains were trying to teleport foe people in our team out, but everyone had ID...except me, so they'd just teleport me out and kill me before anyone could do a thing.

Sad thing was, my SG leader running an ice/dev was doing the same to every villain he saw. I found that utterly ironic because he hates stalkers with a passion and rants against them any chance he has. But he does the teleport into mines thing all day long, all week long, which isn't all that different; you are teleported, mines explode, you die or get killed with the follow up bitter ice blast.

This will be interesting. The number of Ice/EM blasters, Spines/Regen scrappers, and Ill/Emp controllers outnumber everyone else by an enormous margin. More reports to come...

1 comment:

Freefall said...

This is funny and depressing at the same time. MrQuizzles is getting a ridiculous amount of flack for even "daring" to field a dark defender, and they're making fun of me for signing up without being a pvp-professional. :P

It would be a miracle if we got the all-defender team going and actually did well. The chances of it are minute though.