Friday, June 02, 2006

KoL: So Fucking Worth It

I am in Seventh Heaven (TM) right now.

Remember I said I was Going to Hell(TM) cos I spent 20 USD getting my Astral Badger? I couldn't resist owning ONE Mr. Accessory while I was already there at Paypal, right? A first, and all that.

So I got my badger. I got them mushrooms the Wiki said was popping off the badger.

Managed to sell one mushy for 65,000 in the Store. Good stuff, might be able to make some serious meat off this.

The rest I saved for myself to PLAY, of course!

Got a couple cupcakes, which I haven't tried out yet. Me, I went straight for the KEWL MAZE which wasn't random!

How Kewl is Kewl? There were references to the Endless in that maze! Yes, I saw Death, and Delirium gives you a choice of three bits of shit. That Kewl.

And no non-random maze is a match for Khelfums, the Ultimate Maze Mapper!

No sirree. I looked about for a pencil and paper, couldn't find any, damn house move - and decided to come up with a way to map and record it in Notepad. Which I did. And everybody knows my insane capacity for tedious mapping, yeah? Azure Sea and Desert of Despair and what not. After this, something with 3 exits and 20ish rooms was a piece of cake.

Me so excited after that, I went to the Wiki to see if anyone had gotten the maze or not.

NOT! These lazy buggers just noted down a few patterns, but didn't get all the way to maze mapping yet!

Muhahahaha! So I had to create an account and be OFFICIALLY THE FIRST TO POST MAZE DIRECTIONS TO THE VIOLET FOG!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

I know, it's silly of me. No one's ever heard of me. My maze directions look and are oogly. I refuse to have any links back to who I am on KoL for fear of character hacking. But it's a goooooooooood feeling, in more ways than one.

My competitive Achiever and Explorer instincts are waaaay out of control on this, of course. Haven't had this sort of exuberant "YES, ME, -I- DID IT, I CRACKED DAT DEM MAZE and I CRACKED IT -FIRST- (officially, anyway)" ego-sating in quite a while.

But since no one knows who I am, I am happy to remain the annonymous benefactor and wiki contributor. This is my small public contribution back to the Wiki which got me so far and so fast in KoL. :)

Still, that was FUN.

1 comment:

Freefall said...

Hmmmm....
Whatever makes you happy. $20 is like two books, or two movies, or even a trip to pizza hut. Or the amount of wine I drink every week, haha. :)
If you think about it, an astral badger is more substantial than the pizza that goes through your gullet.