I got off my ass.
I installed my new hard disk.
I transferred Steam off the old full disk.
I made room for the installation of Orange Box.
1.5h after starting it up, I'm now at map/puzzle 17, I've just "met" the weighted companion cube, and I decided to give up for the night when I saw the puzzle that awaited me. I have a mild frustration headache.
That and I feel like throwing up. A lot.
There's something about Half Life 2 movement that really induces nausea in me. The turning is not quite as slick (or as normal) as other FPSes, or MMOs, and the jump is not as high. Add that to realistic graphics and a tendency for the screen to tear when I spin the mouselook too fast (I blame ATI drivers)...
...Ugh.
So far the puzzles haven't really been too awful. Just kinda bouncing ball-y tedious. Perhaps I have been spoiled by playing Kongregate first, I have already been introduced to things like "Achievements" and the whole blue/orange portal idea from the copycat Portal 2D.
I just feel like some kind of lab rat, running around doing stuff for cake. And maybe I'll have to kill someone in order to finish it.
I have been indulging my rebellious instincts by destroying cameras whenever I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment