Thursday, December 04, 2008

Feels Like Forever...

I solemnly swear that I shall never let another one of these one-day weekends pass by without at least an attempt at taking a day off's break somewhere in between.

I worked for 5 days, had one day of weekend, and faced 4 more days and one last impending impediment of a day before my long awaited 8 days of not-working, plus a Sting concert begins.

This sucks. I am bored out of my skull. I am feeling sick to my gills because I have either caught a nasty cold or I have allergic rhinitis from dust or dust mites, and I just can't stop my nose from leaking like Niagara Falls. My face is red from some kind of overheating or rash or just too much rubbing with tissue paper. Parts of my arm itch due to said rash. My eyes feel tired and bleary. I don't think I've had enough sleep. If I went to bed early, that would suck more because I wouldn't have done anything constructive or productive the entire day. I'm too exhausted to move anywhere but my desk. And my desk is bloody boring - confirming that I shouldn't ever just take a desk job. I've got two pieces of administrative paperwork to be done, and the prospect is so unappealingly mind-numbing that I'm putting it off.

I hate typing out school confirmations. It's like repeating the obvious. In triplicate.

I've talked to the teacher. I've wrote it on a memo pad as I was taking notes while over the phone. I've put it in my Excel file, which we all refer to, for DNA Lab bookings. We have verbally confirmed all the dates and times over the phone. She has also sent me an email to confirm it on "paper."

And STILL I need to now pull out my confirmation form, type in the SAME lesson details, double-check that it's on my Excel folder properly and fix it if it's not, and then send this to the teacher.

At least now we're using email to send confirmations. 3-4 years ago, I was using the fucking fax machine and hearing the archaic modem hum.

Hate hate hate. It's an exercise in TEDIOUS.

I think I have just realized I can never take a 100% admin job for fear of committing suicide (or homicide) spurred on by an excess of mundanity.

Teaching a short class at least is always interesting. In the "May you live in interesting times" sense, at any rate. Challenges the brain.

It also, alas, challenges the vocal cords. And I am in no capacity to manage a class with the necessity to blow 10ml worth of mucus out of my nose every 30 seconds. This is the holiday month anyway, so I deserve some well-earned rest.

If only I wasn't sick, avoiding tedious paperwork, and bored with net surfing.

I want to play LOTRO, WAR and see what's changed in CoX. I want to cook up some new recipes. I want to make my CoX video #2. I want to run around in Titan Quest and play other singleplayer games. I want to sleep like the dead for a while until I don't feel so tired anymore.

I need a fucking break.

3 comments:

Juli said...

And I want it not to be 4.00pm because I HATE this hour. It's siesta hour. I want to take a nap. Instead I'm stuck in a stuffy little cubicle, trying to breathe, and feeling cramped.

Maybe I should go downstairs and freeze in the non-climate-controlled lab instead.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a downstairs refuge. Probably shoot somebody before blowing my brains out. :(

Freefall said...

Ouch. Take medical or non-medical leave?

Juli said...

Wasn't running a fever. Felt like a waste of an MC otherwise. :)

I just can't deal with slow afternoons. While procrastinating on boring soulless admin stuff. Especially ones when I was miserable with a nose like Rudolph (as one colleague put it.)

Felt better today. Immune system rallying against the cold, I hope. And I managed to amuse myself with Dolphin Olympics 2: The Flash Game too.