Sunday, August 15, 2010

Anticipation

For the first time in many months, I find myself raring to go play City of Heroes and get in on some big colorful explosions. There are still three more days before Going Rogue hits, and I'm antsy and restless at the thought.

I do hope the NCsoft store will be on the ball and have the Complete Collection ready and waiting, because I will probably wear the floor panels away pacing if they delay their digital release by a couple days.

It's kinda ironic, since I could be playing it right now on the beta servers (assuming they haven't shut everything down for a final test) and I certainly could have played it a lot longer when it was in beta testing, but I just still wasn't in the mood for CoH then, and everything was kinda bugged or not-quite-functional, and I couldn't shake the thought that I would be ruining the discovery of the expansion for myself if I went and played the heck out of it while in beta.

So I stopped.

Now I can't wait.

---

On the further off front, I am gleefully awaiting Guild Wars 2. It's so shiny. New, different, innovative, spectacular art, no monthly fees, what's not to like?

I'm just waiting for them to offer a spiffy Collector's Edition so that I can drop a hundred bucks on it and run back home cackling in delight hugging the box like a deranged Asura.

And then I'm a gonna play a Charr with a gun.

I think the warrior class is what I want, with the gun-axe, but all in good time, we'll have some beta/preview weekends to figure out the specifics.

1 comment:

Freefall said...

Guild Wars Factions was what really got me. Canthan was just amazing (if at some parts just too annoying to travel through).

Love the art. Hate the aggro mechanics and the "throw 20 +5level mobs at you"

Hope GW2 will be better