It's amazing how people first react to change (badly, weirdly), and then get used to the new existing set of circumstances that it would feel funny if it went missing.
It is not new news that our CEO has changed. This new one has steadily developed a habit in us - a pretty sneaky training. Every week, he writes a personal reflection/story thingmajig and emails it out to all staff.
As you may expect, when the first stories hit our inbox, the overall reaction ranged from bewilderment ("what is this? am I supposed to do anything with this?") to gossip ("so weird, so unusual, dunno what he is up to, etc.")
I am quite a sucker for stories myself, so having the equivalent of Louis Schmier land in my inbox with regularity was a fairly welcome affair.
Just today, I found myself looking for, reading, and avidly re-reading this week's posting.
Then I stopped and marveled at how it had sneakily coalesced into a habitual action.
That is not to say that is a bad kind of sneaky. Some habits can be good (for the soul or otherwise.) It was just pretty amazing.
Now how many other people would stop and think about what they are doing and come to that conclusion, I don't know. More on that in the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment