Monday, July 11, 2011

Didn't Know I Had This

After vainly trying to send a blogger update from the wireless connection in the office, it appears the whole system is overloaded. Possibly from people resorting to the wireless since the land lines are fubar'ed by this new scheme.

It seemed a good time to try out installing the mobile USB modem stick. Since I have nothing ELSE to do while waiting for tech support to next respond.

The installation via USB autorun went smoothly without a hitch. I am now connected to something that proudly declares its speed to be 3.6 Mbps.

While it's probably a teensy bit slower than that, even a third of that speed is a lot more functional than what I've been enduring for the last two days. I should have done this much much sooner.

Can't believe it's a free bonus (or rather, already accounted and paid for) in my household's monthly cable subscription. It's effing awesome.

Looks like one really has to be self-sufficient from now on.

Grrrrr. :(

Bloody bureaucracies.

2 comments:

Kelizendis said...

Modem...who uses modems anymore?

Kelizendis said...

Talking about technical screw-ups, Google appears to have deleted my google account. Unless it is related to that mysterious hacking-like incident -- perhaps they wipe spammers.