I balanced a notebook on the work laptop (with attached external monitor and keyboard) so as to copy some notes on it. The weight of it generated this cryptic message:
;|;
An elephant with tusks?
An orc with a funny nose?
Two seated people separated by a wall?
A (decapitated) scientist observing his (decapitated) subject through a glass panel?
Yes, I am procrastinating. How could you tell?
2 comments:
Random complaint: I detest decisions by committee. Especially by multi-party government-related bureaucratic committees.
Just when I think we have finally settled on something, some idiot forwards a bunch of random inane safe, covering backside, don't-be-seen-to-support-anything comments from some highly-paid monkeys on a committee watching from the sidelines, which of course, suggests we should reverse all the decisions and go back to the drawing board.
I didn't even ask to be in the middle of this. I got fucking volunteered.
Very soon, I'm going to get so frustrated by the chimp brigade that I'll have to sit down, draw out a plan of action (attack!) and bulldoze my way through shit.
But so far, I've been procrastinating on this because the work is still very amorphous, and I'm buried in other way more pressing things...
...like trying to figure out when to take leave before my boss runs off to get married and isn't around to approve it.
Which is why I think no matter what the gods decree, everything remains a fancy speech as long as the bureaucrats are entrenched and their culture of cover-backside ways are entrenched.
Post a Comment