Good thing I decided to check the CoH boards today. I must say that the preview for I5 looks quite promising. A new zone is always fun, though I haveta say with some amusement that this focus on fantasy seems like copycatting the ton of fantasy mmorpgs out there. Granted, this is a superhero game, so you can have any darn genre you want in here.
The zone event doesn't make me go ooh, or anything. For one thing, zone events happen so infrequently anyhow. With the exception of Lusca perpetually appearing, I've not see anything else happen much.
What might make me seriously revisit CoH would be the last thing stated, almost as an afterthought. Different mission types and a bit more customization and stuff. I hope they can carry this out in a fun way. Because if I have to stare at one more map with a sea of enemies to be cleared, I'm gonna puke. Only my scrapper doesn't mind the challenge involved in this, because he does sufficient damage and has sufficient defence.
I want to play the tank a little more, but with 3 fraggin' devouring earth missions, one of them an outdoor mission...all I'm achieving is massive slowdown.
I want mission variety. Give me a bit more random occurences. I'm sure they'll also serve to foil powerlevelers who think they can gain xp while afk.
No comments:
Post a Comment