Friday, July 15, 2005

Sidetrek: Auto-Assault

Ok, I'm sold. Where's the line? Gimme it. Hahahaha.

So I went to Gamespot today to have a look-see and I saw a preview of Auto-Assault and this fricking amazing screenshot. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/autoassault/screens.html?page=128

Hazard mode for biomeks allows you to turn your vehicles into a giant stomping robot mech of destruction. Even if it's going to be for 10 seconds in the end, I freaking LIKE. Ye gods, that pic is so going to be part of my desktop background now. And I'm gonna paint up a mech juuuust like that one day.

Which brings me to where I've been. Painting, mostly. Getting a handle on messes is another - bought a whole bunch of storage solutions, card boxes, display cases, the works, and been busy sorting through an obsolete stamp collection, and random stacks of paper. And watching DVDs and catching up on comics and mangas and so on.

And it looks like the break worked. I played Ragnarl a couple days ago, and apparently the SG report was that I hadn't been online for 20 days. I actually finished his three missions by myself and they were fun. Even if slamming on Devouring Earth with a hammer is still very tedious and time-consuming. Then I stopped again and came back 3 days later, and finished another bunch of missions, this time I think I did 4-5 of 'em. I pushed it because I wanted to finish that very last bar and hit lvl 34. At last, I did.

So now I've got three brand new slots, and the next time I log on, I'll hop over to the correct storekeeper (this part is so tedious) in FF and get my enhancements, and also catch up with contacts at the same time for new missions. Looks like I can survive this way until Issue 5 hits.

Won't be playing that much that intensely any more. Must have time for other things. To my serious self-embarassment, while cleaning up messes, I found a total of 5 SEALED single-player game boxes. In no particular order, Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament 2004, Return to Wolf 3D, Max Payne and Icewind Dale 2. I hadn't touched them. Dear me.

So yea, I'll need to spend time on those too. Having fun wrecking bots in UT2004, although now that I've gotten to the teamplay levels, the bots are getting harder and they're starting to put me away most embarassingly. Heh.

No comments: