And the first rule is…
You know all about it. And it’s not like I’m gloating or anything, because frankly, I’d like to have the opportunity to try out these ‘overpowered’ sets before they get nerfed. At least I got to play an unbelievable invul before I5, tanking +6s without a scratch – who’da thunk? Though I never got my fire tank anywhere to experience the joy of burn-ination.
But I just can’t shake the feeling that the dominator forum boards is putting up in big bold letters a sign to the devs. Investigate this AT here ======>
And gee, it’s not dominators they’re going to investigate. Doms are pretty much –there- in the dev vision, on the scale of like, defenders. Doms can defeat even-con, and yellow, oranges get tougher, and bosses are scary lethal unless you have domination going. Until SOs and high levels, in which case, you can manage relentless carefully. That certainly seems working as intended (or even a bit overpowered) by dev standards.
Pvp, yes, doms may need a bit more help with their inherent there. Functionally teamwise, we do quite ok.
Let’s not forget that the dominator rep was who…STATESMAN. Mr. I-like-dying-over-and-over-to-kill-an-end-boss and Mr. I-taunt-3-carnival-minions-and-consider-that-my-team-role. Given that kind of standard of balancing, I think doms overperform in skilled hands already, with their inherent to thankfully nullify State’s favorite type of end-boss battle.
Who are the devs going to investigate? It’s…yes, /kin controllers. Fire/kin controllers in specific. With containment, mad monkeys, and fulcrum shift. And especially ATs that can supposedly solo an av single-handedly.
And there will much weeping and wailing when the godliness is taken away from players in the name of eternal god of ‘game balance.’
This ain’t a nerfcall. I would post on the boards if that was my goal. Heck, I’d love to try and level my fire/ff to get fire monkeys, but I know I’ll probably manage a fire/fire dom better, more my style. And my poor kinetics defender needs to get beyond level 15 or so before nerfs fall on his ass.
This is more of: a prediction to record somewhere. With a date attached to it.
So that one day, I can say, “See, I told you so.”
Call it being an egoistic Cassandra. I’m human, I have limits. Some of these trolls on the dominator boards do annoy me – though I’m working to make that only a mild irritation on the scale of receiving random spam mail. But I do await the day I can smirk at your once min/maxed character, your explosive rage/indignation/threats to quit CoH, and your move to the next FoTM.
Oh, your AT will still work. But you won’t be gods anymore, and a good subset of you will start crying. The stalwarts will remain. I know all about it. I’m a tanker, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment