Friday, March 24, 2006

Lonely lonely world

Wow. I think it's sheer stubborness making me level Black Jeremiah now. Why? It's freaking lonely in Pinnacle. I think I'm spoiled by the sheer number of people on Freedom, making the chances of finding a good team that much higher. So far, my Pinnacle count is something like 2 horrible teams, 3 pathetic, 1 semi-ok, 1 presentably good. And about 50+ missions soloing, probably.

Something's really wrong when I make more xp soloing on heroic than in a team. Why? Because the dumbfuck of a teamleader keeps selecting missions -2 to my level, when I have plenty, at villainous so it's not going to be like insanely difficult (trying to make my crappy enhancements last as long as possible without having to deal with missing yellow and orange on vicious).

I've really grown to detest Pinnacle PUG teams. On CoV side anyhow. I suspect they are all newbies, and so have no clue how to play and are just feeling their way through it. And when I'm not a brute or tank, I cannot set the pace and keep the team going - this really bugs me. I get to wait for them to zerg rush by shooting a mob and letting the spread out chaos happen...And my already crappy AoEs cannot be used because there's no point trying to hit only 3 mobs, when I could have hit 11 before. And it's also galling because the spread out chaos 'works' in a really messy, throw more heals at it to solve the problem, kind of way.

It's not the beautiful team interaction that it is strongly encouraged to be in CoH, and does leak over through player habit on CoV teams that have a clue how to play the game.

Oh, and no one bothers to heal the fucking dominator.

It's a sore point. You're all so focused on having as much heals as possible, your dominator is doing his best to control shit that's too much for him, he sucks up aggro and gets half his hp pounded out of him, and it's not even as if he runs around the corner and is never see again. He's bitterly hopping like a maniac around mobs if there's a kineticist, around the /darks themselves and especially the precious pets, and sometimes if he's lucky, he manages to catch a heal - but no one makes the effort to go over and try a little help. WTF is this? My MM bothers to toss an alkaloid down anybody's way.

And then you have the nerve after that to call a dominator gimp. Cos he dies so often, or doesn't do enough damage or doesn't heal you or whatever.

Grrr. I think I'm really going to end up just plain soloing until I get my fire imps. Then the next time I get one of these invites to a crap team, I'll come over, raze the mobs to the ground, and then quit. :P

If I ever get to my next level of 20 - about 6 bars to go, very slow progress atm - I think I'm going to Test and try out hotfeet. I ought to be taking health, then stamina at 22, before I ruin myself for good, but I'm hearing so much good about it from Anglican that I've got to try it out. I suppose two chain holds and then running hotfeet would stop much of the mobs dashing out problem, solo anyhow. It might also kill any semblance of an end bar.

Decisions, decisions. Maybe I should drop either combustion or consume until later and go for hotfeet first. Combustion is supposedly quite wussy. It's also an AoE toggle dropper though, which would wreak some havoc in pvp. Right now though, looking at Bloody Bay, if I find any pvp in Siren's, I'm going to be freaking lucky.




Speaking of PvP, I'm looking forward to Recluse's Victory. The Gamespot article suggests that it's going to be a control point capture minigame. And if they've managed to learn from Siren's Call, and made it more worthwhile to capture strong points, then having DoD or TFC in CoX can't go wrong, imo. All the powersets with more static defences should be happier. That should be a nice place to spend some time in come level 50.




On other news, I Ascended in KoL. Fun. I've also learned a few things leaping headlong into the first Ascension. Such as, it's wise to brew up a stock of level gaining food BEFORE leaping headfirst into one. I'm stuck as a lvl 3 Seal Clubber with lots of moxie (thanks to leftover goat cheese pizzas) and no way to get more muscle except the hard way. :P Oh well. I'm not trying to do speed Ascension here. I can spend another month bashing shit up.

I'm a little worried that I can't seem to use Advanced Saucecrafting yet. I hope it's just my pathetic low level that is the issue. If it's something to do with not having Mana Points, but Muscularity Points, then I'm screwed. :P I'm a potions addict. And it did wonders for jacking up my moxie to a high enough level to go through the tough zones without dropping dead.

1 comment:

Freefall said...

Such is the price of playing something unpopular, especially on a small server :P

I also call it the overwhelming tide of selfish "someone babysit me" players that is washing like a Tsunami over every server.

I pretty close to the point where I'm not going to take such crap any more. I hope I7 gives me a respec so I can fix my earth/TA for a more solo build.

Actually, I pretty much don't take such crap anymore. If I have to jump-kick my way through 4 more levels to Stoney, so what, I've already jump-kicked through 28 levels.

Kind of my take on my mind controller too. If I have to levitate my way through 35 levels (to tornado), then I might as well levitate, tornado and thundercloud my way through the next 15.

Call me a noob because I said I don't need a healer, and I don't know what a healer is? Quit team. I get better xp solo anyway, I'm sure you can find a tank who's into this healer crap (or can't you...?:P).