Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Paranoid blasters

Really got to rant. I've reached the stage when idiots can go deal with their own aggro.

Why do people even bother inviting a tank a long if they are going to pull every single mob from every single spawn one by one? And no one can move beyond the caltrops. At the next moment, everything spreads out and on top of that some weirdo controller immobs everything immediately. Sorry, I really can't help you if you immob everything in a huge circular radius around you and everyone starts shooting ten different mobs at once.

Believe me I am not one of those suicidal tanks who charge randomly around. Vahz, pull them. CoT, pull them. But yellow trolls? Seriously. I may be a gimpy ice tank, but I'm still a tank.

One more thing. If you start throwing AoEs or kb heavy attacks and aggro extra mobs, don't tell me I'm stupid for charging in. You may think you're the elitest blaster around, but I have a pretty good grasp of mob aggro behaviour, thank you. When they look up, look at you, turn on their toggles, yes...they're pissed...they're going to all shoot you next. That's why I'm charging in. Do you really think the mobs just don't hit you out of the kindness of their hearts? Of course not, they're hitting me, moron!

Second thing. If you're pulling, and you've aggroed more Vahz, including 3-4 bosses, you don't tell me "back up" when you are still throwing your AoE immobs and M12353 grenades. By the way, one little tidbit you might not know -- Vahz zombies are resistant to immobs. So you can immob them, but next moment they're just going to pissed at you and not-immobed. Sure, I can back up, out of line of sight to pull them in. But if you're attacking them, all they'll do is spit ten sets of zombie puke at you and wipe the ground with your squishy butt. So that's why I'm not backing off. I'm just chomping my inspirations so they're not spitting at you. I'm not backing off right into you because those Vahz bosses, the type with nice cone attacks, will just send a couple waves of friendly tentacles, what not your way.

Third thing. Nobody has to take any damage, at all. The only reason why they are taking damage is because you constantly insist on pulling, and your pulls go wrong. Mobs get spread out, they sight aggro on multiple teammates. The few times that I just jumped in, nobody took damage, except for me -- that's what the defender, my five respites and hoarfrost is for. Except that whenever I do that, you make insinuations that I am an idiot. ErhemThanks, but I can quite literally stand in the middle of yellow smash/lethal mobs for a very, very fricking long time. A far longer time than it takes for our spines scrapper to go build-up + spine burst. So you are either being ineffective, or you're oblivious to mobs that already got aggroed.

You're in a group. Act like you're in a group, not like you're soloing. If you want to pull whites one by one because that's how you solo, then don't even bother forming a team.

If you call me a fool for charging in, sure, let me turn off chilling embrace, stand behind the caltrops (can't hit anything, 'cause yeah, I'm melee).

Oh darn, that must sure hurt. Mobs running around everywhere (caltrops), getting pissed at everyone. Nope, I'm not going to chase after those mobs that run at you... I'm just here, peacefully punching my own little guy. Whistles happily Punchpunchpunch. Nah, I'm not getting hit at all...Punchpunchpunch. Hey you're red! Awwwwww. Guess that's why after the mission, you immediately disappeared for "bed".

Think about it. Realise one thing. You never took any/much damage because the mobs were attacking me. Not because the mobs were just happy hippies who can't bear to touch a hero. The tiny little stray damage you sometimes took, is just that tiny little stray damage. Just because I'm not spamming taunt (don't even have it) like some moron taunt bot, doesn't mean I'm not managing the mobs. All I need to do is turn off chilling embrace, and go scrap random-mob to show you the difference.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Nothing makes an object lesson like not holding any aggro and witnessing the difference. Or not being there as a D3 and letting people feel the difference in how much they're getting hit. :)

Smart people will get it after that. Idiots, well... it made you feel better anyhow. :P