Yep, still doing it.
Despite my complaints, if I didn't find it fun, I would not do it. But it is a strange adjustment going from blasting to having only Aim from your secondary. And yet, a controller with the same secondary can do the same thing, and more.
I do feel that I am slowly improving in being able to detect what is going on in the complete chaos of an arena battle. I try to get on every night and play in a few pickups to practise. Originally, I couldn't figure out what was going on at all. Just try to buff people, and run. After a while, I managed to catch what is going on more and more, and get to throw out some of your debuffs or TK the other team. Perhaps if I practice more, I'll be able to mix in the offense more using some mez powers.
But I'm frustrated. Getting a beatdown every night is depressing. It's a morale problem. Somehow my team isn't very coordinated. You can sense it. Sometimes, on a pickup, you can feel like you are jiving with the other people. Other times it's a rout. You can't all be 'FoTMs'. FoTMs come and go, it takes time to level something to 50. Some people started their toons long there was such a thing as an arena, why is it their fault their sets turn out sub-optimal? And even then, something sub-optimal might become optimal, and vice versa, as the game itself changes. You just got to keep doing it.
Getting depressed by the constant beatdown aside, one thing I like about arena pvp is the absolute dependance on teamplay. You play your cards and fight. In zones, it's more like a perception arms-race against stalkers and anti-stalkers. That and level 50s with HOs in Bloody Bay pretending they are elite... :P
No comments:
Post a Comment