Rather than continue mindless tedium on CoH and wait for my ever-absent PvP teammates on the test server, I decided to spend 50 bucks on Guildwars: Factions. It's certainly fun, and I'm enjoying a weird soloing experience amidst crowds of dancing nude people.
What is with the dance fetish anyway?
I made myself a mesmer and I'm doing my little quests to get my skills. Now if only my henchmen weren't stupid and would initiate the battle by themselves. Watch out for Pandora Mandragora if you happen to log on GW.
2 comments:
Heh. I was just staring at GW: Factions the other day, wondering if I should get it and wondering if you had decided to play it.
I'm in New York, Long Island now. Pretty nifty place. Wireless internet is working, yay, the miracles of connectivity.
I'm super happy with this laptop I got. I went for the pragmatic choice, but there was a slightly more expensive version with better CPU processors and XP Pro, and I argued/bargained my way to a free upgrade to 1 gig RAM too. The graphics card (x1400 mobility) is a good deal better than my poor Radeon 9600 Pro - which is starting to show its age, imo.
Can't wait to get back home and upgrade the desktop too. The games now have massively improved on the graphics.
Speaking of which, instead of getting Factions, I thought it'd be more in my interest to pick up some single-player games. (My CoX and KoL interest is on the wane too, so instead of forcing it, I think I will just go easy and take a break from them.)
Galactic Civilizations 2 looks pretty good and fun, except that the difficulty is pretty huge, and progress seems quite slow per turn, I may need a strategy guide to even start winning.
FEAR: Director's Cut is niiice. Very atmospheric. Reminds me a bit of Doom 3. The AI for the enemies is quite amazing. Only thing is it's biting a huge performance hole in my present laptop system, and I daren't even try it out on the desktop for fear of frying my graphics card or ruining my image of the game with cartoony graphics. Overall goal: procure graphics card for desktop capable of running FEAR at a good clip.
(Oh, and you should see the sequel to Far Cry, Crysis. The preview movies are just jaw-dropping. Can't imagine what card could run those.)
And I saved the best for last, I HEARTILY recommend this one. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
This is going to be my new addiction for the next 3 weeks, I suspect. While I can run CoX, I seem to be mapserving a bit too much with a wireless connect to really rely on it.
I installed it on my desktop the day before my trip and I ended up delaying packing till about 12 hours later than I should have started. :P Gameplay was great. My action addicted self made it necessary to run into the gladiator arena and become arena champion. Muhaha.
Then I installed it on my laptop and I was FLOORED by the beauty of the graphics. A 9600 Pro makes it look presentable, the x1400 made it look almost like something out of a dream I had. (Riding in some fantasy world, looking at a slightly pixelated but highly realistic tree.)
Can't wait. After dinner, I think I shall proceed to immerse in the world of Oblivion. It's like a beautifully crafted world, just for you.
And one thing I liked were its minigames. There's one for talking to NPCs and using speechcraft. And one for picking a lock.
You can just pay some money to to ncsoft to get the online code for factions if you already have Prophecies installed. I have the client from the beta, and just paid for the code. Saves in the shipping and third party fees.
I really love the artwork. How many MMOs take place in a credible asian setting? Canthan is totally different from Tyria once you leave the newbie island. I think it looks like Hongkong except on mesoscale.
Post a Comment