Thursday, March 26, 2009

Magic 8-Ball says: Outlook Pretty Good

Gem cutting table set up.

Water mine showing positive signs of becoming tuned to spit gems out regularly.

Decided not to worry about the loss of potential rare and ultra-rare cuts, since I didn't have the skill (actual player skill, not some bytes or flag set on an in-game character) to do those justice anyway. Can we say gem mincemeat?

Started small.



But not too small, cos some of the teeny ones are really fiddly too.

Simple cuts. The ones involving mostly one sanding disc and lots of turning about of the gem.

I r standing proudly next to my biggest gem so far, a Queen's Tomb, which is apparently common, but doesn't happen in every gem, so you got to have a teensy bit of luck and spot the opportunity.

I'm getting the hang of disc 1 and disc 3.

Disc 2 still seriously confuses me, especially in its interactions with disc 3. The gem angles and facets produced throw me off significantly.

Considering remapping keys. Still have considerable trouble turning gem how I want it to be turned, positioned correctly against where the discs cut.

All in good time, I guess.

Progress.

No comments: