Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Cameraguy

It's amazing how one well-designed, built-in Print Screen key that takes nice yet reasonably small jpeg file screenshots can provide so much joy. (Followed by a close second, the 'turn graphical ui on and off during screenshots' key - which I have set to P.)

I guess the devs realized that people enjoy taking photos, especially in digital form. And that a virtual world is no excuse for not allowing people to capture good memories, and funny moments with a click of the button.

I happen to be a really lousy real life photographer, my hand shakes, I can never seem to get enough light going into the camera lens and so on. But if 455 files in my screenshot folder says anything, I'm having a blast with CoH camera.

I'm used to mouse look, so yes, I can actually look around and aim and take pics at angles I consider nice-looking. And the screen doesn't shake. And the lighting is all controlled by the graphics card. Yay.

So here's some stuff burning in my hard disk, waiting to be shared:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Kelizendis plays squishy characters for way too long. This is a mission where Contrition got a Freakshow Chameleon suit, and he -desperately- wanted me to log a tank so I could protect him or some such. Turns out he simply walked by everything, clicked on one glowy and the mission ended. Meanwhile I sat at the entrance cos I wasn't disguised, and I beat on one Freak minion since I was bored. Only kill of the mission. (I think it was all an excuse to make me come to him and take a pic of him.)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I finally succeeded in persuading Keli to play a tank, and guess what happens... This is Poogle. An ice tank.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Fortunately, the sheer hardness of the tank was too alluring. Enter Poogle 2, also known as Idolator. I added my blaster, and a team formed around us by pure serendipity. Teams like this are my personal dream come true. In Kelizendis' words, an all-star AT team. Each one a great respresentative of their AT whose players KNOW their team role and how to play it. (As usual, the scrapper was a lil bit frothy at the mouth, but when he behaved, he did single-target bosses and lts.)

Chaste Daily deserves special mention because he was a storm/energy defender who really knew how to play that AT. Masterful. One of those where after you see the player in action, you wanna make that exact same AT to try it out for yourself. And the guy only had like 3 skills in each powerset too.)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Completely not related, but I just thought this was a really pretty moon. Night sky, too. So I had to look around for a nice angle to screenie it. WoW may have better looking, if cartoony, graphics, but let's not say CoH is without its beauty either.



P.S. I can't wait for Feb 18 to hit. Guild Wars beta weekend is due then, and this will be the first time I'll try playing it with graphics settings turned up, instead of all the way down. *hugs the Radeon 9600 Pro*

(Yes, I know that's not the greatest card evah, but when your previous card was a Geforce 4 MX, you can see where I'm getting my jollies with it. Not to mention, economical too.)

Bet I'll have some purty screenies there too. -They say- GW has supersweet graphics. Well, I wouldn't know. Yet. :/

1 comment:

Freefall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.