Sunday, March 13, 2005

Lone Grammar Cop

Heh. Today in my quest to get to level 14 and a blissful travel power, I played Bad Punctuation again. I managed to catch Cranky Editor online to get myself drafted into a SG of about 5, none of which tend to be online. And I'm playing in the morning too, so est night. :P

Fortunately, a spine/regen scrapper is both an exceedingly good solo street sweeping lone wolf, as well as good in a team who knows what they are doing.

Did some of the former, then a level 19 kin def wanted some help on a mission. She also found an excellent stone tank with taunt, same level. (Allah Mode and Midgardian.) We blew through missions like crazy, and I now want to make friends with a kineticist, because speed boost on rooted is insane.

A few more solo street hunts and I was level 14 and happy with superspeed finally.

And then I got onto the Positron TF from hell because I couldn't resist the train wreck.

Let's see, where to begin:

The two tanks who didn't have taunt? The only reason why I joined cos I saw the one fire tank had blazing aura. So he WOULD draw aggro even without knowing why. (And he did, too. Died a ton.) Oh, and one of them had fly and flurry and air sup.

There was one blaster who while waiting for everyone to get to the first mission, went up hovering to molest level 8 Perez Park minions. (And he was level 17, exemp'ed to 14.)

And why were we waiting? The other blaster, at level 18, didn't have a travel power. Not one. So at level 14, it didn't make a difference either way, did it?

The tf leader wanted to try and bring in a level 13 controller after the TF got too hard. Bit late, huh, after I said three times during TF formation, maybe we should bring in a defender.

You can expect stuff hit the fan as soon as we hit a mire eidolon. T'was hilarious. And I only died once, not too shabby, I must say, before they all gave up from repeated deaths and running.

2 comments:

Freefall said...

I'll say that the Positron TF is the Tf where a controller or defender is the most important. This is because at 15, most tanks have not had their defenses slotted up, especially toxic resists. Did Ragnarl have earth embrace slotted for toxic resists at 15? :P

Juli said...

I don't even think toxic resist is worth slotting up on. It's like what, 5% or 10% or so unslotted? With a TO, that adds what, 1-2% more?

Earth Embrace, is imo, like Dull Pain. Put in the recharges or the heals to bring up the rate of healing or the real hp count.

And no, I got EE at level 18, more important things to get before that.

Trust me, a 'troller or def couldn't have saved the train wreck, just delayed it a little. The tanks didn't have a clue. I actually felt relieved that the one level 16 def I talked to, said he didn't have the time to invest 5+ hours for Posi. Would have been embarassing to drag the guy along to something patently...dumb. :P