Whoop. Even though I've been really busy at work, and the football season is just starting again (Whee, go Colts! Better win today! I want to watch a goood game tonight, y'know!) I managed to find time in my two-day weekend to do a couple more missions and level up Invictus.
Proudly level 41 and still going. It's hilarious, I checked his time online and he's at 173 hours. I managed to make the most of the I4 super-tankiness to blaze past the low levels, and now am using the I5 xp boost to solo up lotsa xp with now-developed attacks. My choice was between a hold or a DoT Incinerate. As much as I really wanted my last attack, I figured greater fire sword is actually enough killer damage for now, and I would really be much better off if I grabbed Block of Ice in preparation for Malta missions. Just in case. And it's funny to freeze things in ice anyhow.
Anyhow, today's little monologue chatauqua-wannabe is about XP vs Fun.
Why? Cos I had the opportunity to group and team a lot more this last weekend, and while I have figured out the ultimate tactic in survivability (ie. make sure mobs are your level or sk up very close, at most -1 or so.), you can imagine my xp gain truly decreases, while doing that. Now grouping is still fairly fun, once I have the survivability down, but it's a lot of tedious doing the same thing, doing the same mission-types over and over, and my bar just doesn't quite move. So I group when I feel like it for the company aspect.
And when I want the progress aspect of improving my character, that's when I do solo missions if I want to read a nice storyline while doing so...And when I just feel like a good fight, the Rikti Crash Site is indeed a nice place. There's a shitload of bosses there, dying for 2000xp each, but each fight is tough indeed. (Yay psychic damage - though frankly, Carnies are MUCH more annoying than Rikti where that is concerned.)
I went mucking around the Shadow Shard also. Whoo-whee. It certainly looks like a nice place to putz around in. (If you don't mind debt, that is.) All psychic. (ow ow ow) Weird looking aliens. Tried out the geezers, I'm happy I got fly, cos without it, I had little coordination at all and kept whacking into rock and sliding down it like a cartoon creature.
Fun. All defined differently. Though sometimes, fun equates to most xp.
No comments:
Post a Comment