Wednesday, May 17, 2006

... are not Tanks!

I feel the pressing need to rant. Just got off a generally good group fighting +1s, +2s, was one I cobbled together, of course. And seeing that everyone (38-39) had their silly reps on villainous and vicious, and me being the only relentless at 38, I decided I might as well take full control of the mission generation and keep popping newspaper missions. Stuff went well when we had good corruptors who were willing to heal AND buff everyone with shields.

Stuff went somewhat downhill when they left, leaving a /dark corruptor who had no clue how to use the twilight grasp in his powerset, but thankfully, he still knew how to drop tar patch, and a bunch of other people who were generally very good (a grav dom who was good at control, mms who were good at dropping their devices, a stalker who went for big targets, knew how to rehide AND tank in a pinch) and one PISS-POOR PATHETIC brute.

Sorry. Needed to vent.

I died three times in the last mission because no one wanted to take the alpha strike. So being the impatient me, I just went fuck it, and flashfired, and normally got a faceful of boss blasts and lieutenant boulders.

Mr. Pathetic Brute is just hovering around, completely unwilling to take aggro, and not doing much damage that I could see.

Grr. I hate these people.

Sometimes it makes me really mad. Oh, brutes are NOT tanks. So that means we don't have to take alpha, or hold aggro, we just run around like scrapper cowards. Hell, even a scrapper knows how to take an alpha. In fact, it is piss-poor SORRY when the regen stalker is TANKING more mobs than you...

Oh, masterminds are NOT tanks. We just hover around at range and shoot stuff. Bah. I hope the bodyguard change really gets more masterminds into the tankermind frameset because that was the POINT of their stupid class. Not a glorified ultra-safe blaster.

Hell, tankers are NOT tanks. We have been so nerfed OMGFBBQ that we R teh squishy! So in protest i m not tankin no more!

So tell me, how the hell are you going to start a fight if NO ONE wants to take alpha or hold aggro in a team? I guess you're just going to leave it to the tanks in disguise, who are impatient, and foolishly suicidal.

Woe betide you if you're in a team of total cowards, because everyone will just LOOK at the mobs for 15 minutes, looking at each other, saying you first, no, u 1st.

And then maybe someone will decide, 'pull?' And then you go and single-pull mobs. Something I can do alone. Sheesh.

Morons and cowards and yellow-bellied lily-livered landlubbers. Arrrrr...

1 comment:

Freefall said...

I wonder if it's CoV players coming in to CoH that's giving CoH the "coward syndrome". In a good team I notice people in CoV somehow time it that everyone zergs at the same time...and it works out somehow.

Otherwise it is really standing around and staring at each other.