I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm going to end up sleeping 24 hours on Nov 30. Good thing I took the day off.
I put in about 4 hours of sleep and bounced up at 3am and have spent my time scribbling lil itty bitty wordage until now. (7am).
I'm not tired, I'm still going on adrenaline and this little crazy thrill that I did indeed scribble 5000 (FIVE THOUSAND) words in 24 hours.
I am gonna regret it very very badly at 3pm though. I wonder if I can sleep through lunch. Actually I'm starting to feel sleepy now. If only I could call in sick. Bleh.
I'm happy. I think I have caught the second wind. The finish line is in sight. And the compulsive thing about me is that I like to sprint and add extra effort when I'm in that final lap.
I actually spent the last hour or so just rereading bits of my Nano. Some people say that's a bad thing. But I'm actually pretty thrilled. It's pretty good writing. There's a discernable story link of some kind, even if I'm missing plenty of scenes for a continuous plot. (Fixable later, always fixable later.)
I'm finished with the penultimate climax. I like it. I do. I bet you'd love the villain. Halanil has always been my totally apeshit sadist villain.
I somehow stumbled through the climax. I'm sure it needs a rewrite eventually, but for a first draft and trying to feel my way through the envisioning, it's not too shabby.
Now I've got the last bit, the resolution and the aftermath to go...
And the pre-penultimate climax car-chase...
I'm almost positive those will keep me busy and propel me over to 50k.
If not, there are a bunch of empty scene holes I found earlier (I have like two early chapters that are blank and placeholdered) that I'm sure I can grab one and just write...
I'm getting better at this. This "OK, here's a scene. Here are your characters. They need to do this and feel that" and just go with it.
Two more days of working. Gonna try and put in 1200-1500 words each day.
Then on Wednesday, we are writing like the wind to the end.
Thursday is last resort emergency buffer day, just in case...
(If I haven't raced through and completed it somehow because I'm desperate to get my purple bar, and sit back and admire the thing and my achievement and let it rest a while and write about some other ideas that I've been sadly putting aside during Nov, before picking it back up during NaNoEdMo.)
No comments:
Post a Comment