Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Whee! Whee! Whee!
Scrambled over the finish line at about 11.40pm-ish, one day early. I actually crossed it a bit earlier, but I was trying to compulsively finish the last scene I said I was gonna work on (the car chase). I gave up after running out of steam and just recorded the rest to join up later.
There's only one song that's gonna be repeating for at least a goodly buncha hours before I collapse to sleep. And frankly, seeing that I slept last night, the wee morning hours and the better part of the morning (and the afternoon), and only started seriously writing at 3pm today...
I don't think I'm sleeping for a good while yet.
At least the chronic lower back ache appears to have eased up with the relaxing of tension and the wild jumping around and dancing to the strains of "Party Time."
There's still a bunch more scenes and wordage to go, but what the heck, it can be done another time. NaNoEdMo or something... Today it is going to be party time! And I am free! Free to write OTHER things! Free to stop obsessing over this one story and write all the other scenes and all the other worlds that came to plague me over the course of this one month! Free! Free! Free!
It is hideously addictive, though. I've got a good mind to do something a little less stressful in between the hours of the day, like aim for 25k a normal month or something. One that just requires mad writing on weekends and a bit of habitual scenage on weekdays, instead of about 6 days of begging, borrowing and stealing leave, and every single inch of weekends. :P
But today, today Nov 30, it is celebration day!
Let's hear it for our lil drummer boy, Mick!
Put your hands together for our sexy stage dancer and owner of the Three Monkeys club, Iguana!
Let's all bow down and worship Vitril before she zaps us! And I know I'm embarassing her but so there!
Let's hear it for the girls! Carla, Astral and Flame! You crazy three have kept me going come hell and high water, through sheer literal AGONY trying to work out how in the world you orbit each other! But without you, there wouldn't be no pretty scenes, let alone any chance at story!
Let's hear it for our mysterious plot ninja who turned up out of nowhere around day 14-18 when I was in complete distress and completely saved the day, though I didn't know it yet! Or that he was a plot ninja! Mr.....Arrraaaccckkkkmar Jano!
Let's hear it for the pervert that everyone loves to hate, though you're not really invited to the party for fear of it turning into a bloodbath... You can, um, celebrate elsewhere. I'll get you an Astral blow up doll or something. If she doesn't kill me first. Buh bye Halanil...
Let's hear it for our random unimportant NPCs: Big Al, the strangest amalgam of Alathor and Avamor I've ever seen... Some crazy zebras... (No plains equus were harmed during the production of this NanoNovel.) Some odd Italian-Chinese guy. Jennifer Purdell, though we haven't even seen her yet. Malcolm, Leon and Jake, who are more mentioned than seen. Father Geand, our weird architect of beauty. Tellurian for being more inspiring dead and encased in Ares than he ever was in the Earthrealms as a live Lord of Kellinguard. And our deceased but inspiration/plot-driving individuals, Kerris and Mylaria!
And all the random redshirts whose only job was to die horribly... some poor girls, some poor black ops squad people, some badly disguised CoX Family capos and Freaks.
Let's hear it for the world of Ares aka Redshift and the city of Arach aka Spider City (and I came up with the name FIRST, in 2005, so there!)
50k is achieved! One month! One crazy person! One shitty draft! But 50k story words on electronic paper!
1 comment:
Now you can let me read it...and when I read it you can start sweating ;)
Post a Comment