So, apparently "Watchmen" is a brilliant inverse twisting of typical comic book tropes of earlier decades into a bleak, dystopian, neurotic sort of universe.
(I'm just about beginning to appreciate it on my second re-read of the graphic novel - takes a while for me to get into 'read artistically for metaphor and symbolism' mindset - to prepare for watching it in the cinema.)
You know what they say, "do unto others..."
This is wrong. So terribly soul-cringingly wrong. I guess some people find it kinda funny. Me, I keep wincing. Two soul-twisting inverses are more than I can handle.
3 comments:
... *speechless*
Those old cartoons are something.
http://kizhe.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/watching-the-watchmen/
Can I borrow the graphic novel when you're done with it? :P
I can take the chance to return you Bioshock...
Hmm, I just finished it and passed it to my father. I'll check if he plans on reading it sometime this decade.
He's got two speeds - library book due soon super quick or nearly never. Dunno which he plans to use.
Fastest reader gets it first. :P
Post a Comment