Yes, so I'm slow. It takes me DAYS to get around to attempting another install of Baldur's Gate and its compatriots.
I was completely flummoxed by Torment's insistence on CD-checking for disc 2. An attempt at editing cfg files and copying every CD to folders on the hard disk, and two no-CD patches later, I am only convinced that I don't own an authentic US version of Planescape: Torment. Crud. But if I really put in CD2, it works. But I don't want to disc swap all the damn time... And the no-CD patch also fubared my torment.exe file.
So I deleted everything in a huff for a later reinstall. Despite the temptation to download a most-probably-working-perfectly-but-might-contain-trojan version off the interweb, I resisted mightily and nobly and set to work making legal personal CD ISOs of every damn Torment disc.
I -think- they should work if I mount them on a virtual CD emulator.
So I set to work doing the same thing to Baldur's Gate I. Except my Tales of the Sword Coast expansion has fubared itself so that 94% of the disc is readable, and the other 6% is not. Crap.
Amidst attempts at figuring out what I can do about this, I come across the fact that BGI plays at a native 640x480 resolution. That's bad. :/ Eye-tearingly bad.
Then I come across the fact that a gazillion fans have modded BGI so that it can be run by the BGII engine and at widescreen resolutions. Oh, that's good...
... But then, now I have to make sure BGI, the sword coast expansion, BGII AND the Throne of Bhaal expansion are installed first... THEN I need to run their totally confusing to install and not exactly easy PlugNPlay style mods. Oh, and I may have to patch the games first before these mods work like they're supposed to. (Where did I get a patch again? What version were my games?)
*sobs helplessly*
I'm -this- close to getting a neat package off the interweb, or maybe just trooping down to Tec-Drome and getting an everything-in-1 pack... Except the last everything-in-1 pack was published in... 2004. Would they even have stock remaining? *boggle*
Bloody hell. Maybe I should just replay BGII and give up I as a really bad idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment