Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bookworm's Evil Twin

So I was all crazy for a while regarding a word game called Bookworm's Adventures or similar, where you typed out words (as prompted by a bunch of letters provided) in order to defeat mythical monsters as a bookworm.

Well, I found a free evil twin, sponsored by Dictionary.com...

Clockwords: Prelude

It's an evil twin because it's lacking in paced narrative like Bookworm. Bookworm presents varied monsters, and every ten monsters or so, there is a big boss, after which you are rewarded with progress in the narrative.

Bookworm also demands shorter words.

Clockwords is a lot more ornery because you have to make some insanely long words in order to defeat the immense string of clockwork spiders. I'm at stage 11 and stalled. It doesn't help that it's mostly the same layout. Not much impetus to go on.

I think there is some strategy regarding letters in the boiler that I am missing. Can't generate enough damage oomph in my words.

No comments: