Friday, October 09, 2009

Coffee No-War

Work has recently installed a cold drink/snacks vending machine and a hot brewed coffee/tea (with seemingly a few gazillion flavors) vending machine in our staff room pantry.

I just bought my first can of Nescafe Iced Mocha from the cold one for $1.00.

It is going down smoothly enough to be a decent competitor to the 5 buck mochas from upscale coffee haunts, albeit with a faint thin tinny aftertaste that's either from the can or the lower quality bean or the non-fresh brewed aspect.

The soft drinks are $0.90, I think. The hot drinks machine is $0.60 a paper cup. Some day I need to try that. At the rate I'm going through this coffee, someday may arrive in one or two hours.

This distinctly undercuts the expo-style crap food but overblown prices Cafe we have downstairs or the MacDonald's crud they call McCoffee.

I forsee a dangerous impending caffeine addiction.

No comments: