
Ayep. An RP guild (legion) picked the forge hall of all places to conduct their "walk-in" interviews.
It was quite fun to watch, in all honesty. Talikrad seemed the most competent RPer of the lot, with Hanabi the legion master next, Sythra was passable, and this guy called Lokgar was *wince* material.
There's no such thing as /emote in Aion, alas, so they made do with a bunch of various /say conventions. *nods at someone* -holds up a spear- The works.
The content of the roleplay seemed quite hopelessly prosaic though. Hi, I've come to join your legion. Why? Cos you guys seem to have it together. All right, at some point in the future you will be called on to fight in the Abyss, are you fine with that? Yep. Cool, you're in, here have a shiny badge. Thank you, *pins shiny badge proudly on self* If you focus really hard with the power of Aether, you can be heard in the thoughts of all your legion mates. You'll excuse me, I must visit the auction house. No problems, I was going to forge myself a spear. Yes, me too, I need to work on some blades.
(Well duh.)
Seemed almost a waste of a beautifully designed city, which had a nice tavern and all. Ditto in Age of Conan, which had some fabulous tavern spaces which no one ever visited. (Except maybe in an attempt to hide from mad PvPers, who knows.)
Not to mention, Aion has fantastic lore and background for origin stories and other side rivalry/hate. But nope, none of that explored here. Strictly a mercenary "join my ((RP)) legion" affair.
What amused me was the studiously focused way in which the 3-4 of them shut out everything else going on around them.
Such as this dragon that flew into the forge hall and flapped around for a bit. (Actually a transformed player using a quest reward.)

Personally, I would at least comment on it. Like a 'whoa, what was that?' kind of thing.
But I dunno, maybe it is an MMO convention, to completely shut out the outside world. Maybe it's a defence mechanism so as not to attract RP griefers. Who knows.
P.S. In other news, I experienced my first 30-man Elyos zerg coming through a rift into our Morheim territory.
I was fortunate enough to have early warning by listening to chat channels, reporting a 30 man Elyos and their map location. Seeing that it was just a little ways up north from where I was, I was wondering if I should try scouting the rim, or just flee.
My enemy radar chat channel suddenly started scrolling. (This picks up enemy attacks even before they get into sight range. Set up via invaluable advice from a guide.)
Gulping, I leaned over the edge of the tall mountain I was on, to see a TIDAL WAVE of red diamonds sweeping up the slope.
Stumbling backwards in a hurry, my instinctive reaction was to hit "return" - the hearthing skill. My character started the "return" animation. The vanguard of the zerg crested the hilltop and charged straight at me.
They got one or two hits in, me praying to all the Asmodian gods there was, but the animation fortunately didn't cancel, and I ported out right under their noses.
Lol. Denied. By a split second. Was wheezing with adrenaline and relief back at my bind point.
By the time the Asmodian return zerg formed up, (which I joined), the Elyos were scattered to the winds. Apparently once the leaders died, the rest "returned" in a hurry.
Easily bored PUG being what it was, the zerg dissolved in a hurry. I pressed on, along with a small group who were leveling up, to explore the top of this big mountain hillside, and what do you know, there was a little red diamond hiding at the top. An Elyos assasin, boxed in by aggressive mobs, trying her best to stay out of sight of 4 Asmodians (actually me, plus 3 PvErs).
Having very little illusions about my winning a 1 vs 1 with my crap gear, I used the fact of numbers to freak out the assassin into taking flight down the mountainside, me pursuing.
She slammed into the mountainside once, but somehow managed to recover. She landed. I landed. I charged at her. She evaded. She sliced up a poor clothie or priest that got in her way, making me wonder exactly what level she was and if I could take her. We danced around evasively with each other for a couple seconds. I couldn't quite seem to knock her down, so I decided discretion was the better part of valour and backed off.
She got aggressive, seeing maybe a victory in sight. I led her right into another leveling duo who were only too happy to help. We chased her around for a bit, the assassin proving damnably slippery indeed, and I finally got a lucky cc in on her - holding her still long enough for the attacks from 3 players to slam into her and knock her down.
Yay.
I seem to be horribly good at this "bait" business. And suck terribly 1 vs 1. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment