Saturday, April 09, 2005

Guilty as Charged!

No eight-people purple-missions.

And then I ended up doing one.

It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Got swept into one my SG was doing, a level 40's. Level 44 Malta bosses. I'm 38. How purple can something con before I can't hit it anymore?

Debuffs are scaled. A level 38 debuff on a +9 con is effectively about not a debuff at all. Couldn't get a sidekick anyway, too close in levels. Died four times in one mission, but...it just about came out positive.

But there are different styles of playing. I'm a slow, cautious killer, which is why I can plod my way on a debuffer. But I can't spam heal -- no hit no heal. I can't throw elite buffs on team-mates. My first use is a debuffer -- useless on +9s. My second is control -- useless because every hold washes off the purple-cons like water off a duck.

Oh...got my last damage badge and debt badge both. I guess that makes up for it.

Maybe.

Is this the only way to get xp though? In one mission, I got three blurbs, even with four deaths. Soloing, I'm lucky to make one blurb a night, on multiple missions.

I guess what made it worse was after the mission, I asked if anyone wanted to help me with the Envoy mission that's been sitting on my plate for a week. No, everyone goes off to sleep or onto an alt.

Oh well, I felt sorry for the level 15 blaster who got sidekicked along and probably died/missed a lot. So I took him on a Rikti mission, blew some stuff up, got him a level and got rid of my debt. Sometimes he liked run off and start blowing stuff up by himself. Didn't bother me. In my pretty lousy mood it was actually pretty amusing to watch his hitpoints plunge while I caught up with him and toss out my debuffs/holds on the mobs. After all, even if he died, that debt would wash away at level 15 with the next two Rikti. :P And of course, if he ate alpha for me, it meant I didn't have to...

Is there no one to kill that F*ing Envoy for me?

The funniest thing is, after fooling around on my own little missions (couldn't get the Council story arc to start), I got an ambush that appeared right outside the Skyway tram while I was zoning. I cleared it, and this level 15 blaster started following me around and pestering me to group him. Couldn't type very well and has a misspelt name, but oh well, I was bored...why not? So I let him tag along to another mission. Probably some alt who wanted quick xp, since he navigated Founder's Fall quite well. And then I just did my own thing and if he wanted to shoot stuff he could, and he did shoot stuff, though he didn't really do much damage. He found the mission 'kool'...heheh.

Then, since my Council story arc refused to trigger (another bug?), I decided to just go to sleep...

No comments: