Today, I want to *boggle* about why some people cannot see that mass quantity is sometimes more efficient than sporadic quality.
Everyone was all hyped up about how giant monsters = good prestige. I gues, IF you get a team of all SG people, and have a well-formed team, like lots of defenders to debuff the monster down, controllers to hold it, and some heavy hitters plus one tank to focus stuff on. Then maybe you can drop giant monsters very fast. Fast enough so that the 255 per person is worth it.
Unfortunately, when you're stuck with a pickup team with about 4-5 of your SG mates only, and only one pathetic emp def (who didn't know how to buff at all, and neglected to heal the tank in favor of rezzing everyone else - and me being too nice to say anything about it) and no trollers, with an invul tank who is pretty much like a pillowcase these days...Well. Tanking a giant monster is quite hard like that.
And that was the understatement of the year. I was pretty much only able to tank on unstoppable when the shit hit the fan. Only when it was a weak monster, and people were focused, (ie, pretending to be a good team) could I do it without the crutch of unstoppable.
Let us not forget our pickup whining scrapper who was an effective level 50, but at lvl 46 trained, for whatever reason. He was invul, and alas, they have really nerfed players but good, because he kept getting footstomped and dying. I sorta feel for him because well, if he goes up and hits, he gets creamed, but what's a scrapper to do BUT go up and hit? What I didn't feel for was his endless whining about getting debt and this not being worth it and so on...
Er...You're level 50. Why should you care if you get debt? *boggle*
And then we had this level 16 pb that we sidekicked up. Random idiot in PI who clearly had no clue because this one was forever starting aggro, pulling random shit around, and basically opening with AoE and stuff like that.
*sigh* So often, the fight would start before I was ready, and prepared, the emp would get distracted, I would run in to save people, and then get minced by an 8 man's worth of Infernal CoT demon spawn. Ouch. And me with no FORT, on an 8 man mission. Christ. And me too polite to say anything either, but just die.
Nevermind, I'm level 50. And unbeknownst to them, I have a secret debt clearing method. Nah, not the exemplar thing, it's doable if I wanted, but too much effort.
Actually I offered it to people after our pathetic foray at giant monsters, then a nearly equally pathetic one at Infernal.
(We were damn lucky, we had a shadow cyst in the fucking room, I was trying to make a plan, our crazy ass pb started to launch attacks, and luckily we had like 4 blasters and 2 pbs, because they whacked the cyst to nearly dying once the mad one started shooting, and I managed to walk up near there without aggroing the end part of the room, and tank the assorted demons by the cyst, and give the cyst some hard whacks with a fire sword to take it out....JUST in time as the scrapper had, of course, raced up a bit TOO FAR, and aggro'ed Infernal, the portal and the rest of the room.
Hit unstoppable, dash over to Infernal as everyone else's hitpoints plunge like crazy. Start running around to aggro demons and scream at them to get the fuck out and run and regroup NOW. Surprisingly, they did. It took a while for them to get organized, but they did kinda back out. As usual, our idiot emp had no clue how to retreat far enough to tp me OUT of combat, but waited until I died from an unstopp crash before doing so and rezzing.
Here I was, getting healed up by the emp and regaining end, when our mad pb dashed into the room and starts aggroing the other demons and comes haring out again. Ah crap. Hastily get toggles on and get into doorway position, along with the second pb, SGmate Nikon, who had leaped into dwarf form and getting mutilated. Didn't manage to get there to save his ass, but managed to retake aggro once he dropped and block any more demons from pouring out.
From there it got much more doable, and then Infernal showed up at the doorway. EEEP. Tank for as long as possible (all this without any fucking heals because our emp has his head shoved up his ass and is sitting on the corpses behind waiting for his rez to recharge), hit unstoppable and tank some more.
FINALLY, they all manage to stay alive and gather in one place while I'm still blocking the doorway, and I manage to get them to focus fire on Infernal, and the boy manages to die at last. Just about 20 seconds before my unstopp went.
First time I have killed Infernal before killing the portal. It may be the way to go next time, a tank can just pull the bugger away from the portal, because once Infernal died, there was NOTHING left coming out of the portal, or if there were any, it got mashed too fast to see it. (Either that or we aggro'ed soooo many demons out of the portal, we hit its max limit. Also possible after the doorway fiasco.)
So anyhow I quit the team hastily after that, and offered people who wanted street hunting in Rikti Crash Site.
They declined. They said it wasn't that good for prestige, and yadda yadda.
*boggle* You know, we took near on 15-20 minutes to even take one pathetic giant monster down. In 15-20 minutes, I can mash through 3 spawns of ritki, with each boss at 125 prestige total. It's probably also a total of 2000 prestige if we were in a group.
It's just that your cumulative prestige looks miserable, 2 prestige, 8 prestige, 20 prestige, stuff like that. But per spawn, I bet it's also 255, the amount from a giant monster...
Nevermind. I won't waste my breath trying to convince anyone. After all, I don't even understand DPS. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves. I do happen to be 3rd highest prestige obtainer in the SG after all. And if the rest of the people prove to be as lazy as I suspect, I will overtake them before long.
Because in the end, it's not about how fast the HARE is, it's about how steady the turtle plods. If my meaning is at all clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment