Sunday, September 06, 2009

If Only People TALKED to each other...

I'm either going to get very upset and rage/vent/whine or put my head through the wall in utter DOH disbelief.

Maybe both.

Sheesh.

Every time I come across instances of people being PEOPLE, with all their foibles and human stupidity and lack of ability to communicate and make themselves understood by the other party and/or to actually listen...

...I feel like tearing my hair out in utter frustration. Or grinding my teeth down to nubs. Or both.

I suppose it is because real actual communication is difficult, and takes a lot of time and effort.

Of which, the former is often in short supply, and the latter is lacking because many people are lazy. Or have prioritized other things as better to do with their time.

I'm in such a state of aggravation at this unholy hour, by the way, because I have to compile something from 4 different departments together. Yeah. Work. Bleh. The good news is that I think best at this time.

It is both a Herculean and Sisyphean task.

I feel like laughing in ironic fashion because every person who contributed to the document had their own personal little format and thinking style. (Often greatly divergent at that.)

They all have their own separate agendas. Some are more broad 'see the forest' strategic strokes, some go into specific trees, and some nitpick at the operational leaf detail.

On the one hand, this is very good. It means all the bases ought to be covered.

The problem is that each person is responsible for their own teeny tiny area or aspect, so they've got that part covered and then there are these humongous gaping holes everywhere else where their blinders (aka the way their brain works) prevent them from realising there is an issue.

This leads me to start chewing drywall as my brand of peculiar Intuitive/Sensing mind requires all the bases to be covered else my mind falls into the holes and screams "OMG, there is a HOLE here. And ANOTHER ONE. And YET ANOTHER ONE. Aaaaargh!"

So first, I have to put all the raw disjointed data together into a format that is actually together, and hopefully semi-readable.

Then I will probably have to make a few passes at it to reword, and add stuff to fill the gaps.

Problem is: Synthesising 8 different peoples' viewpoints and writing styles is HARD. It's worse than decision by committee. At least there's a secretary there that takes one unified set of notes.

If I wasn't afraid that I'd accidentally snap my neck or suffer whiplash, I'd go thunk it into a pillow several times. :(

AUGH!

No comments: