I read the training room posting. My response... "wow".
I wonder why developers never learn. From this game to the other, that nerfing is a bad thing. That developers need to play their own game.
They have barely recovered from the fiasco that was their testing error, a fiasco that any newbie in the game would have spotted -- the fact that nobody, not even the best single target scrapper or blaster, can three blow +4s. Not only have they not recovered from it but went ahead and nerfed regen again, they nerfed SR as well. Above all, they nerfed without warning.
They really should fix things before nerfing. It's no wonder that the community feels very disillusioned.
I don't even play scrappers at all. And I can only blink my eyes in disbelief as they bash regen and SR on the head.
Time to just do something else until the storm dies down, maybe.
3 comments:
Reading the boards is going to be cut down as a pasttime. I refuse to absorb all the negativity, screams and howls that is going to be reverberating around as scrappers realize perma-MoG and perma-elude has gone the way of perma-unstoppable.
Maybe the real solution is to nerf hasten and stamina into non-existence, and make recharge times and end recovery a little quicker for everyone across the board.
We'd still be fairly cookie cutter in what skills we have then, but I guess you could always increase pool power choices.
I'd like it for them to just remove hasten and stamina, and just double recharge and up recovery.
Why? So many people have these two powers that devs are balancing with the assumptions that people have these powers.
When you balance for these powers, people who don't have them are at a disadvantage.
So make them inherent in everyone.
That's good, you get four more power choices freed up.
Fix less popular powers, pool powers. Give people lots of good powers so they have to choose. Variety.
Anyway, anyone who didn't see perma-MoG and perma-elude were heading for nerfdom was just being stupid. If perma-unstoppable got nerfed, it was only a matter of time...
Still, you have to wonder how the devs can be so stupid as to dump in these changes at this worse possible time.
Dunno, right now I'm sorta numb, insulated in my nice /hide bubble trying to earn the last two bars to level 32. Gonna pick up granite armour, do the third costume mission, and see how Raggy looks in a plain costume with his stone armours on.
Then I'll take a CoH break and possibly play Guild Wars unless/until my beta key expires on me.
In a way, I'm not really affected by the imminent nerf per se. I was listening to all the high-level Core members talking about it, and the highbie scrapper was feeling depressed while another one was saying, thank goodness they got their regen to 50 before this, etc.
And it reminds me of RoD. It's always the oldbies, those who know how it was before, those who are used to how it used to be, those who want it to stay the same way as their expectations, who most hate nerfs.
Newbies, to a certain extent, may feel disrupted or put out that they don't get to experience any of that uber-leetzor-ness of yore, but because their game concept is still forming, they are usually plenty willing to roll with the change/punch and adapt to become as good as the current ruleset allows.
Like all those fellas who were still av'ing to 50 after the RoD pleveling nerf, while I was cowering in a corner trying not to think about it and giving thanks that I made all the characters I wanted already.
In CoH, my viewset is like the former. Oh, ok, some change way up there is happening. Whatever it is, I'll just roll with it cos I can always get a respec. I've never played with scrapper god-mode on, so welp, I dunno what I'm losing anyhow. There's always gonna be one tank mage class (or at least one class buffer than all the rest), and with 88 alt slots, what's to worry about not having room to play it? I'd cry foul if they fixed you to one character slot and made you choose, but they don't.
But the nerf is opening my eyes to one thing. My life is overwhelmed again. Sheesh, I don't think I even got 5 things done on the list I made previously. And I want to play Guild Wars on top of it. Time to halt Raggy at granite armour, and then go and see to real life.
Post a Comment