Saturday, May 28, 2005

CoH Hero Clix!

Ok, I'm pathetic. I got a weird lil fig in the DVD Collector's box set of CoH, a superman-like Statesman that liked to fall off his lil transparent plastic perch. Right, cute. One of those cute lil toys to just put on top of the computer...like something outta a cereal box, prolly cost 50 cents to manufacture.

Then later on, window-shopping, I spot a box of Indy Hero Clix, a starter set. Hmmm... I wasn't really interested in Marvel or DC Comics, but I am a pathetic fan of independent comics - I read some Top Cow, I follow Crossgen when I can, Hellboy always looks cool even if I don't read the comic, and I did collect Crusade for fun, all what 25 issues of it or so before the plotline crashed and they had to bring it to a close for possibly lack of funding.

Heck, why not. So I buy it, fully expecting a box of cruddy pathethic plastic figs that may improve on repainting, but are basically meant for me to practice painting on without feeling guilty about ruining a good quality mini. (Can't destroy it further, anything is an improvement, after all.)

A bunch are that way, but I find an unexpected "yay" factor. A 'veteran' ranked Hellboy which is sculpted pretty nicely for Wizkids minis. And then I read the rules and understand what's on the bases, and then I go and look at my Statesman mini. Wow, he has a bronze ring on his base, so Limited Edition, and his stats kick ass. Oooh, he IS cool after all.

And these minis will give me a good excuse to pick up Urban Mayhem from Worldworks eventually and make a nifty modern-day superhero street scene.

And now I see this: Wizkids and NCSoft Team Up For City of Villains!

Oh no. My pack-ratting obsession is starting to rattle around up here in my brain. Must...collect...them...all.

Besides they look pretty durn cool. Especially POSITRON. That's like the -exact- armor and helmet in the CoH costume choices that I'm pretty fond of. And he'd look so much better with a repaint that includes his green streaky highlights.

And Scorpion Armor guy doesn't look half bad either too. Properly painted, he'd look just like a chaos marine terminator.

*twitch* *twitch*

Getting CoV is like a foregone conclusion. Looks like I have to wait for a collector's box, or buy one eventually, or maybe they'll release a box of these minis eventually. Bye bye money.

Not to mention, there's Auto-Assault and Tabula Rasa to look at and consider as well.

...Doom. Doooooomed. I'm doooomed to be an NCsoft slave forevah.

No comments: