Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ain't Seen These Before

The last time I took a City of Heroes screenshot was in May-June 2008.

Nearly one year later, I have the urge to hit print screen once more.

This game lends itself to brilliant action shots by pure happenstance. In these two cases though, my poor hero looks a little worse for wear, but he's ok! He's /SR! It's just a flesh wound!

The new scourge of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles - custom MM enemies...

But damn, does it look cool. Like being caught in some evil stormtrooper crossfire.

And it totally didn't sting because just like stormtroopers, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

New Demons on the Oranbegan Block

I have decided to start small. In lieu of any semblance of plot, I just decided to putz around in the character creator and do what I do best. Put together ugly monster costumes. Except now they get to be part of a generic group, instead of an individual hero/villain.

I have no idea how many custom enemies I can have saved, locally or otherwise. But my guess is somewhere in the 250s or unlimited. Which works for me at present.

Took them for a little test spin in a SMALL map. I hate big maps.

It's kinda cool to have your own custom designed costumes facing you off. Hell, who am I kidding... it is VERY cool to have them ragdoll and thud at your feet.

I seriously think I want to stick to minions, lieutenants and bosses. An elite boss usage should be very very rare. I'm so sick of getting pwned by elite bosses, be it in MA or regular content. And with one of those creeps around, it means that you have to put in uber allies to balance it off, and it's still a hard sell.

One thing which strikes me is that MA may very well be suited to episodic content. Especially if your local storage is pretty much unlimited. Then you could design your own arcs, and maybe for your friends / adoring public, and then switch them around as 'published.'

Make a name fer yerself, and before you know it, HoF or Dev Choice.

Heh. But that is far in the future yet. I broke down again trying to type descriptions into blank boxes in my test mission. I have a problem with filling descriptions into blank boxes.

I need a story. I need a plan. :/

No comments: