Rating: ***** (Will recommend)
TLDR version: Unique usage of game engine. Not to everyone's taste. Immersive.
Subjective Play Experience:
Some policemen have been kidnapped, and to save their lives, I had to solve riddles.
This isn't for everyone. This isn't a fighting arc. I was hoping to level my scrapper on it, but I didn't get much xp or tickets. What this arc is, is a unique use of the MA engine, and a strangely immersive battle of wits against a well-characterized antagonist.
The moment I read the riddle, the answer popped into my head. I was wondering what "defeat the answer" meant but after jumping around the mission a little, I had a good idea. All that remained to do was to defeat the mob that was named after the answer. Easy.
The next mission was harder. Once again, I had a vague idea and looked at what mobs there were. It didn't make sense. Did I miss something? I read through the riddle again. Oh, I thought, got it. Killed the mob, finished the mission.
The fourth mission was a surprise. Huh? What? What kind of riddle is that. I went around the mission, but none of the answers made sense. Time was running out. In order not to give anything away, I'll just say that solving this one involves a bit of metagaming - knowing how the Mission Architect works. It was good though. Immersive. I felt like I was really up against a evil, insane "Joker", who just wanted to win.
And the villain gave exactly the response he was supposed to. Screaming, angered, telling me I was cheating.
Time to take down the villain. It was not difficult, with the number of allies I'd gathered by the time I reached him. But it was satisfying. Very satisfying, after he made me run around and around on large maps, wasting the time of my lowbie's jetpack!
Finally, the souvenir. Awwwww... the souvenir is just so touching. *blows nose*
To find out what it is, you'll have to play yourself.
Suggestions for improvement:
The second map was a bit difficult to navigate around if you don't have vertical travelling powers.
Minor typo list and comments:
* A bit strange when the boss says "Well played" when he is defeated, when I expect him to be screaming with rage.
No comments:
Post a Comment