Rating: ** (Won't recommend as it is now)
TLDR: NB: Did not finish 1st mission. Good idea, could have been 5-stars; Bad execution, spelling errors, mez-protected minions, repetitive enemies
Subjective Play Experience:
It's a pity I have to give this 2 stars, because I can see the potential for a 5 star lurking in the concept. The devil is in the details. For the concept, I give it 2 stars rather than 1 star. I'm willing to replay and rerate if the enemy group is tweaked, but as it stands it's too much a chore to get through even the first mission.
I didn't finish the first mission. It was not fun at all, so I stopped. To be fair, I don't think the author was aware of what he was doing: in modelling the group after sewers team, he filled it with scrappers and blasters, with the exact same powersets selected, Enter my dominator with my weaksauce holds. Whoa, all the blaster minions with defiance were still shooting with no interruption...it took too much effort to hold the scrappers (on the bright side, you could immob and knockup). Meanwhile, the martial arts scrappers would pop me with crane kick and crippling axe kick for 300+ hp each. Domination up mean I stomped them. Domination down meant they stomped me.
This might be an acceptable state of affairs if there was something to distract from the tedium and irritation, but after the 2-3 spawns, I realised that the "heroes" in the sewers were just being repeated over and over again. The exact same heroes in every spawn. And there was the entire sewers to clear. I gave up at that point.
Suggestions for Improvement:
- Say no to rampant mez-protected minions.
- If there is space in the file, make more enemy groups and fill the map with a variety of costumed heroes, so one doesn't have to fight the same hero group over and over again. It's immersion breaking.
Spelling errors and other comments:
- 1st mission introduction: Arahnos -> Arachnos
- 1st mission introduction: misplaced fullstop after the 2nd paragraph
No comments:
Post a Comment