Saturday, April 11, 2009

Random Things I Have Learned Since MA

Kill the MM first.

ATITD can actually fit on my second monitor, and function like the MUD could, while CoX is running with no lag.

Except one loses all will to play EITHER game when thusly split-attention'ed.

I must rethink my dual-boxing dreams.

If I see a Elite Boss stuck in a spawn with another Elite Boss, on my solo mission...

...I will quit the MA arc, right now.

Especially if one of the Elite Bosses have a tank powerset.

Especially especially if they have a tank powerset with an unstoppable type of power.

Bringing a character with an unstoppable type of power to playtest these MA missions is an especially good idea.

I have lost count of the number of times I have triggered Elude.

95% of the player population have been spoiled by the Autocorrect function of Microsoft Word.

Using spellcheck or grammar check is a dying art. I blame composing on the UI, and settling for good enough.

Using the Shift key appropriately is also one of those lost arts.

Yet the global creativity unleashed by the costume creator tied into making custom enemy groups with custom powersets is awe-inspiring to behold.

Playtesting before publishing also seems to be an obsolete skill.

95% of the player population have lower standards of quality than I do.

I never Elude when I should. And I like to Elude when I don't have to.

MA truly gives an excellent way to make Inventions and build efficiency important to those who desire it, yet optional to those who desire otherwise.

Presumably, this will self-select over time, with interest groups clumping up. Story hounds. Invincible scrapper challenges. Soloists. Group "Task Forces". Etc.

I would think PUG grouping has taken a tremendous hit in the wake of MA. I, a soloist, have taken to hiding so that I can browse and play in peace. Tons of people are creating missions and don't want to be interrupted. And when I did join a PUG to decimate an entire outdoor group of crazed with the dark/ tank leading in and me spinning around to demolish everything as his right hand scrapper, I found it quite boring and running on automatic.

Even the worst MA missions contain surprises. If ugly ones.

I can't wait for more upgraded nuances to this Mission Architect system to get rid of some of the clunky areas.

WoTC has decided to nerf the selling of all their digital PDFs - yep, D&D classics and all.

Like that is going to stop the piracy of their products any.

It is a good thing that I have all the D&D stuff I ever wanted already bought and tucked away safely into multiple drives and backup DVDs, way before Hasbro and Wizards took over TSR.

Sifting through RPGnow to look at the indie products can give some interesting name ideas for CoX custom enemies, what with all the prestige classes and all.

I haven't popped this many inspirations on my scrapper since... Never.

Why do people like to make their bosses have colossal hitpoints?

Mind dominator bosses are not funny against /SR.

Between patrol XP and MA reviewing, I am level 41 without even realizing it. This is as it should be.

Why do people still insist on "Defeat All" missions after being warned not to in the helpfiles?

Oh yes, corollary. People don't read.

Why do people still insist on "Defeat All" missions after giving a mind dominator boss with colossal hp the ability to revive instantly on defeat?

I need a good story idea.

When in doubt, a multiple luck shield saves the day.

Remembering to turn toggles on is important.

Version 2 of the MA system really needs a way to selectively control the hitpoints and powers of the enemies.

Hunting for the last remaining spawns still suck.

1 comment:

Freefall said...

I have this urge to create a capped ranged-defense build and a max-recharge build.

Always looks nice in MIDS, then when I go to the market and see what everything is selling for, I throw up my hands and retreat in horror.

Maybe MA will reward me using tickets and rolls, for playing arcs. Instead of farming and farming. *sigh*